Manchester City’s search to replace Sergio Aguero is well known.
Spanish reports have linked Pep Guardiola’s side with Barcelona’s Antoine Griezmann.
So, could City – who won the Premier League but lost the Champions League final to Chelsea – be set to bring in the France international? Possibly not…
TOP STORY – GRIEZMANN NOT ON CITY RADAR
Manchester City are ready to ramp up their move for a new striker during the transfer window but will not pursue Barcelona forward Griezmann, claims The Sun.
Pep Guardiola’s side will instead set their sights on Tottenham’s Harry Kane, while Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland is another possibility.
The Sun’s report denies Spanish links between City and Frenchman Griezmann, with Barcelona understood to be keen to reduce their wage bill to free up funds to re-sign Lionel Messi.
Man City rule out Antoine Griezmann move but step up Kane & Haaland hunthttps://t.co/9gG3WvIhrf
— The Sun Football (@TheSunFootball) July 12, 2021
– The Daily Mail reports that Atletico Madrid’s signing of midfielder Rodrigo De Paul from Udinese will pave the way for Liverpool‘s proposed move to sign Saul Niguez. De Paul’s arrival means Atleti are free to sell him off, with the Reds and Barcelona reportedly interested.
– Juventus are homing in on a transfer for Manchester City’s Brazilian forward Gabriel Jesus, while they are also keen on bringing back Moise Kean to Turin, according to Tuttosport.
– Manchester United are edging closer to agreeing terms with French defender and long-term target Raphael Varane for a move from Real Madrid, reports the Mail.
– Jadon Sancho‘s move from Borussia Dortmund to Manchester United will be confirmed this week with a medical before his post-Euro 2020 holiday, claims The Sun.
– Fabrizio Romano claims that Wolves goalkeeper Rui Patricio will become Jose Mourinho’s first signing at Roma imminently.
Confirmed and done deal. Rui Patricio will be in Roma in the next few hours to undergo his medical and sign as new AS Roma goalkeeper – he’ll be first José Mourinho signing.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!