Manchester City are reportedly yet to begin talks over a move for Lionel Messi, while Erling Haaland is Barcelona’s ideal signing.
Messi’s future continues to be a major talking point as the star’s contract at Barcelona expires at the end of the season.
City have been one of the clubs most strongly linked with a move for the six-time Ballon d’Or winner, but it seems the Premier League giants are waiting.
TOP STORY – MAN CITY YET TO BEGIN MESSI TALKS
Manchester City are yet to open talks with Lionel Messi, according to ESPN.
The report says City will wait until the Argentina international has decided his Barcelona future before considering negotiations.
It comes after claims the Premier League side had already tabled an offer to Messi.
– Erling Haaland is wanted by numerous European giants. Mundo Deportivo reports the Borussia Dortmund star would be Barcelona‘s ideal signing, but the LaLiga side are considering more affordable options.
HAALAND, EL DESEADO
— Mundo Deportivo (@mundodeportivo) February 19, 2021
– Manchester United were seemingly keen to land Barcelona forward Ansu Fati last year. Mundo Deportivo says a £129.7million (€150m) bid from United for the 18-year-old was rejected ahead of 2020-21.
– With Tottenham slipping to ninth in the Premier League, Jose Mourinho has come under fire. ESPN reports Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will wait until the end of the season to make a decision on the head coach.
– Out of contract at the end of the season, Gianluigi Donnarumma is yet to agree to a new deal with Milan. 90min claims the 21-year-old wants to succeed Manchester United shot-stopper David de Gea as the highest paid goalkeeper in the world, although he is prepared to take reduced terms at Milan.
– Thierry Henry could be set to take over at Bournemouth. talkSPORT reports the Championship club have requested permission from CF Montreal, where Henry is currently in charge, to talk to the Arsenal great.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!