Manchester City will reportedly opt against making a move for Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
Messi, 33, sensationally requested to leave Barca during the close season, but ended up staying with the LaLiga giants.
Still, talk about his future continues, with City the most strongly linked.
TOP STORY – MAN CITY WON’T TRY TO SIGN MESSI
Manchester City will not try to sign Barcelona star Messi, Spanish football expert Semra Hunter told Sky Sports News.
The report says Messi’s age and wage demands are a major reason the Premier League giants will not pursue him.
Messi, a six-time Ballon d’Or winner, is out of contract at the end of the season.
– Are Real Madrid looking for a replacement for 35-year-old midfielder Luka Modric? Fichajes.net reports Madrid see Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic as the ideal replacement for Croatia star Modric.
– Barcelona will try to sign Manchester City defender Eric Garcia in January amid an injury crisis in defence, according to Sport. Gerard Pique (knee) and Sergi Roberto (thigh) are both set for spells on the sidelines. Meanwhile, Marca says Barcelona are set for a meeting to decide whether they should sign a replacement for Pique.
Obligados a fichar
El club intentará el fichaje de Eric Garica en enero
Albert Arenas, campeón del mundo https://t.co/5w82weCOra
— Diario SPORT (@sport) November 22, 2020
– Fabian Ruiz has impressed for Napoli, leading to interest from elsewhere. CalcioMercato reports Paris Saint-Germain are still targeting the midfielder.
– Amid uncertainty over his future at Inter, Christian Eriksen is linked with a return to the Premier League. Corriere dello Sport reports Manchester United and Arsenal are considering the former Tottenham star.
– With Memphis Depay and Moussa Dembele linked with moves, Lyon may be eyeing replacements. Le 10 Sport says Reims and Senegal forward Boulaye Dia and Leicester City forward Islam Slimani are both targets.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!