New Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has Benfica striker Darwin Nunez at the top of his shopping list in the upcoming transfer window.
The Uruguayan striker is in the midst of a breakout season in both Portugal and Europe, scoring 25 goals in 24 Primeira Liga fixtures, and a Benfica-record six Champions League goals in 10 appearances.
Darwin finished his Champions League campaign by scoring a goal in three consecutive games, including in back-to-back fixtures against Liverpool.
TOP STORY – RED DEVILS MAKE DARWIN NUMBER-ONE TARGET
Fichajes and Calcio In Pillole reporter Ekrem Konur claims United have made Darwin their priority target, stating he is “at the top of Erik ten Hag’s short transfer list” and they are “considering paying” his release clause.
ESPN has also said United are “leading the chase” for the striker though they face competition from Arsenal, and reported along with The Sun that the 22-year-old’s release clause is in the region of €150million.
As well as Darwin, Napoli’s Victor Osimhen and Juventus’ Paulo Dybala, who will be a free agent, are also serious targets management would like to bring to Old Trafford.
– Marca is reporting that Barcelona will turn to Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku as their “plan C” after failing to land Erling Haaland or Robert Lewandowski.
– According to The Express, Arsenal are willing to listen to offers of £25m for Nicolas Pepe after signing him for a club-record £72m in 2019. West Ham are said to be one of the Premier League teams interested.
– Fabrizio Romano reports that Manchester City are focused on extending Phil Foden‘s contract until 2027.
– Leeds United midfielder and England international Kalvin Phillips will change his agent as he looks to secure a move away from the club, with the Manchester Evening News reporting that United will be in the box seat.
– Todofichajes is claiming that Arsenal have agreed a £50m deal for City striker Gabriel Jesus.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!