Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, it seems, is no longer at the wheel.
Following another drubbing, this time a 4-1 rout at Watford on Saturday, Manchester United have reportedly called time on Solskjaer’s tenure.
After a lengthy meeting, the club great is set to be axed.
TOP STORY – SOLSKJAER TO BE SACKED
Manchester United have agreed to sack manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, according to widespread reports.
Having already been humiliated by Premier League rivals Liverpool and Manchester City prior to the international break, United’s season hit a new low following Saturday’s 4-1 rout at lowly Watford.
Amid a worrying slump, The Athletic, Manchester Evening News and Fabrizio Romano claim United have opted to part with Solskjaer amid links to former Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane, Leicester City’s Brendan Rodgers and Ajax head coach Erik ten Hag.
Manchester United have decided to part company with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, The Athletic understands… #MUFC
— The Athletic UK (@TheAthleticUK) November 20, 2021
– Sport says Raheem Sterling has told Premier League champions Manchester City he wants to join LaLiga giants Barcelona.
– Barca and City are among the clubs interested in Arsenal forward Alexandre Lacazette, per Fichajes.
– The Sun reports Newcastle United are looking to sign Fiorentina star Dusan Vlahovic. The Serbia international, who scored twice to sink Milan on Saturday, has been linked with City, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Inter, Atletico Madrid, Tottenham and Arsenal.
– Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid are set to go head-to-head for the signature of Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger, says Mundo Deportivo. The Germany international is a free agent at season’s end. Bayern are also believed to be interested.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!