Uncertainty about Jordan Pickford’s future with Everton has piqued the interest of fellow Premier League sides including Manchester United, Tottenham and Chelsea.
Pickford, 28, is in his sixth season as Everton’s shot stopper, having risen through the international ranks to become England’s number one in the process.
He started all five of England’s World Cup games to reach 50 international caps, keeping clean sheets against Senegal, Wales and the United States.
While he is reportedly happy to stay at Everton long-term, the club are continuing to drag their feet with regard to his contract extension, sending up a signal that he could be available for the right price.
TOP STORY – ELITE CLUBS CIRCLE ENGLAND’S TOP GOALKEEPER
According to the Daily Mail, Pickford agreed to a five-year contract extension before heading to Qatar for the World Cup, but the club are yet to sign off on it, with the delay coming at boardroom level.
The report states it is still more likely that the deal is finalised than not, but their hesitance has caught the eye of some top English sides who are seeking a long-term solution between the sticks.
United are looking to move on from David de Gea, as are Tottenham with Hugo Lloris, while Chelsea are also in the market following Edouard Mendy’s rejection of a six-year contract, calling the proposed financials “disrespectful”, per an earlier Daily Mail report.
Pickford’s current contract has 18 months remaining, so if Everton do not or cannot extend him, the time to sell will be rapidly approaching.
– The Evening Standard is reporting Arsenal will return with another bid for 21-year-old Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhailo Mudryk after their £55million offer was rejected.
– According to AS, Real Madrid are planning a 2024 move for Bayern Munich left-back Alphonso Davies.
– Newcastle United are interested in bringing in 31-year-old Chelsea midfielder Jorginho on a free transfer when his contract expires at the end of the season, per the Daily Mail.
– Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting Inter will look to Bayern Munich right-back Noussair Mazraoui as the replacement for Denzel Dumfries should the Netherlands international leave the club in the near future.
– Inter are also pursuing Borussia Monchengladbach forward Marcus Thuram, who has interest from Premier League sides Arsenal, Aston Villa and Tottenham, per 90min.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!