Paul Pogba remains on the sideline but not the outer at Manchester United.
The rumoured Real Madrid target reportedly hopes to leave Old Trafford in January after missing out on a move before the season started.
But it seems the Red Devils will resist all interest in their record signing when the transfer window opens.
TOP STORY – UNITED BLOCK POGBA’S EXIT PATH
Five months after Mino Raiola confirmed his client’s desire to depart, United remain resolute in their determination to keep star midfielder Pogba.
The 26-year-old failed to engineer a close-season exit and the Red Devils will again stand in the former Juventus star’s way if he asks for a move in January, reports the Daily Mail.
Pogba has not played since September due to an ankle injury and will miss Wednesday’s EFL Cup quarter-final against Colchester United because of illness.
LaLiga leaders Barcelona and Serie A champions Juve, where he spent four seasons, have been linked with Pogba since his return to United, while Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane is known to admire the World Cup winner.
Manchester United will NOT allow Paul Pogba to leave for Real Madrid in January despite questions over his commitment after his return to action was delayed again due to illness | @ChrisWheelerDM https://t.co/ArMt4LJSay pic.twitter.com/SaMuEN4IMa
— MailOnline Sport (@MailSport) December 17, 2019
– Mikel Arteta is on the verge of taking charge at Arsenal and plans to appoint fellow Manchester City assistant Rodolfo Borrell as his number two in north London, reports the Mirror.
– Though the Gunners are in talks with Arteta, The Athletic claims Arsenal‘s former captain, Nice boss Patrick Vieira, remains an outside chance to win the job.
– Has Jerome Boateng played his final game for Bayern Munich? Suddeutsche Zeitung suggests the centre-back’s agent Fali Ramadani recently met with Hasan Salihamidzic to discuss a January transfer, though the prospect of a mid-season move is complicated by Bayern’s injuries at the back.
– In brighter news for the Bundesliga giants, Bild says Leroy Sane has decided he wants to join Bayern in January. The Manchester City star was heavily linked with a switch from the Premier League to his native Germany prior to suffering an anterior cruciate ligament injury.
— Christian Falk (@cfbayern) December 18, 2019
– Diego Simeone wants to strengthen Atletico Madrid‘s defence with the signing of AC Milan captain Alessio Romagnoli, according to CalcioMercato.
– Chelsea could be left frustrated in their pursuit of Wilfried Zaha. The Daily Mail claims Crystal Palace will not budge on their £80million valuation of the 27-year-old winger.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!