After their lucrative takeover, Newcastle United are set to make a transfer splash in January.
The Magpies are winless and second last in the Premier League table this season.
Newcastle remain without a manager, following Steve Bruce’s dismissal a fortnight ago.
TOP STORY – MAGPIES IN FOR COUTINHO LOAN DEAL
Newcastle United look set to make a move for Barcelona’s Philippe Coutinho in January, according to Spanish newspaper Sport.
Financially embattled LaLiga giants Barca are said to be keen to offload the former Liverpool forward, who arrived at Camp Nou from the Reds in 2018.
Barcelona are reportedly ready to accept a loan deal that includes a mandatory option to buy with Newcastle.
Ndombele an option in January https://t.co/Jd0UxGMql0
— SPORT English (@Sport_EN) November 3, 2021
– Barcelona are bullish about signing up Ousmane Dembele to a fresh three-year deal with the option for a further season, claims Mundo Deportivo. Dembele has been linked with Liverpool, Manchester United and Juventus.
– Barca are also considering a move to sign Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele on loan, reports Sport. Ndombele has made nine appearances this season.
– Brazilian club Palmeiras have entered the race to sign Manchester United’s Edinson Cavani, claims the Daily Express. The Uruguayan signed a one-year contract extension in May.
– Former Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho wants to bring Spurs midfielder Harry Winks and Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek to Roma, reports Corriere dello Sport.
– Sky Sports reports ex-Roma head coach Paulo Fonseca is still interested in the vacant Newcastle managerial role. Fonseca nearly took over at Tottenham in the off-season. Magpies candidate Unai Emery announced he was staying with Villarreal on Wednesday.
– La Nazione says Tottenham are firmly in the race to sign Fiorentina star Dusan Vlahovic, who has also been linked with Manchester City, Inter, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid and Juve.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!