Steven Gerrard can expect a rapturous reception when he takes his Aston Villa side to Liverpool on Saturday, and Wolves will attempt to halt Manchester City’s winning Premier League run.
Gerrard would be forgiven for going into the wrong changing room when he returns to Anfield, where he earned legendary status during an outstanding career.
The second-placed Reds have won six consecutive games in all competitions, while leaders City had reeled off seven victories in a row before they were beaten by RB Leipzig in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Chelsea slipped to third with a defeat at West Ham United last weekend and will look to respond by beating Leeds United at Stamford Bridge, while Manchester United head to bottom side Norwich City.
Get in the spirit ahead of the latest set of matches with our Opta-powered quiz! No need to cheat… The answers are at the bottom.
1. Former Reds players managing against Liverpool at Anfield in the Premier League have lost 14 of the past 16 visits. Who was last one to secure a victory and with which club?
2. Who scored for Wolves in both games when they did the double over City in the 2019-20 season?
3. You have to go back to 2002 for the last time Leeds beat Chelsea. Which player, who is still playing in the top flight, got the Yorkshire club’s second goal in that game?
4. No team has failed to score in more Premier League games than Norwich this season. How many times have the Canaries failed to find the back of the net? Seven, eight or nine?
5. Which Newcastle United player scored in a 4-2 win at Leicester City last season, having found the back of his own net in his previous visit to the King Power Stadium?
1. Kevin Keegan with Manchester City in May 2003
2. Adama Traore
3. James Milner
5. Paul Dummett
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!