We are hurtling towards the conclusion of the Premier League season with much set to be decided over the next nine days or so.
Will Manchester City hold off Liverpool for the title? Who will be relegated along with Norwich City and Watford? Those are among the uncertainties.
It promises to be an intriguing final two matchdays, and to get you in the mood for the penultimate weekend, Stats Perform have delved into the Opta numbers to put your knowledge to the test.
Do you know your Ivorian goal-getters? Consider yourself an expert on Premier League relegation scrappers? Then you might do well this week!
in the box!
— West Ham United (@WestHam) May 9, 2022
1. Which Premier League striker could become the first player in the competition’s history to score at least 70 goals on two different days of the week if he nets on Sunday?
2. Maxwel Cornet is two goals from becoming the fourth Ivorian to net at least 10 times in his debut Premier League season. Who are the other three?
3. With 97 yellows and three reds, one Premier League club recently became the first to team in the competition’s history to reach 100 cards for a single campaign – their 440 fouls is also the most this term. Which team is the guilty party?
4. Michail Antonio is one goal from becoming the first West Ham player to score at least 10 top-flight goals in three successive seasons since the 1980s. Who was the last player to achieve the feat?
5. Norwich’s league-high 78 Premier League goal concession this season is biggest tally in a single top-flight campaign, last conceding more in the second tier in 1963-64 (80). That has contributed to a goal difference of -56, which, as it stands, is the third worst in Premier League history. Which two teams had worse figures?
— Norwich City FC (@NorwichCityFC) May 11, 2022
1. Harry Kane
2. Didier Drogba, Arouna Kone and Wilfried Bony
3. Leeds United
4. Tony Cottee (1983 to 1987-88)
5. Derby in 2007-08 (-69) and Ipswich Town in 1994-95 (-57)
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!