Liverpool will attempt to reclaim their place as Premier League title front-runners when they tackle great rivals Manchester United at Anfield on Sunday.
There is no mistaking the standout fixture of the weekend’s games, with the champions looking to nudge back ahead of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team at the top of the table.
A London derby between Fulham and Chelsea is also rich with potential on Saturday, while Sunday also sees Tottenham and Manchester City in action, facing Sheffield United and Crystal Palace respectively.
Before the action begins, test your knowledge of the best of the English top flight with our Opta-fuelled quiz. Check your answers below.
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) January 13, 2021
1. Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will be taking charge of his 200th Premier League game, and his team have won 127 of the first 199 under the German. Only one manager has won more of his first 200 games in the Premier League, achieving 137 victories. Who is that high achiever?
2. Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford is receiving plaudits for his work off the pitch, but he will relish the clash with Liverpool, having scored three goals against the Merseyside giants in his career already. Name the only three United players who have scored more Premier League goals against the Reds than Rashford.
3. Crystal Palace have won at Manchester United already this season and will look to land three more points at City on Sunday. Who were the last London team to score league wins at United and City in the same campaign, and what season was that?
4. Name the current Burnley striker who has scored six goals in six Premier League appearances against Saturday’s opponents, West Ham, netting those at a rate of one every 58 minutes.
5. Scott Parker and Frank Lampard will be in charge of Fulham and Chelsea in Sunday’s derby, making it the first top-flight clash between the teams where both have had an English boss since December 1967. Can you name the two managers from that game all those years ago?
4 – Since the start of last season, Mason Mount has scored more goals from outside the box than any other Chelsea player in all competitions – indeed, four of his 10 goals for the club have been from outside the box. Range. pic.twitter.com/q6npajtASm
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) January 10, 2021
1. Jose Mourinho
2. Wayne Rooney (six goals), Andy Cole (four), Ryan Giggs (four)
3. Arsenal (1990-91)
4. Chris Wood
5. Vic Buckingham (Fulham) and Dave Sexton (Chelsea)
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!