Sheffield United pulled off a stunning defeat of Manchester United on Wednesday and it will be an even bigger shock if they beat Premier League leaders Manchester City this weekend.
Oliver Burke’s deflected strike sealed what was only a second top-flight victory of the season for the bottom-of-the-table Blades at Old Trafford, preventing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men from returning to the summit.
Chris Wilder was playing for the South Yorkshire club when they last beat City away from home and it would be a monumental turn up for the books if they were to end Pep Guardiola’s side’s 11-match winning streak.
The wounded Red Devils travel to Arsenal on Saturday, while Chelsea host Burnley the following day looking for a first win of the Thomas Tuchel era and champions Liverpool take on in-form West Ham.
Test your knowledge with this Opta-fuelled quiz before the action gets under way and check your answers below.
2 – Manchester United have lost two of their last four @premierleague home games against the side starting the day bottom of the table (also 0-1 v West Brom, April 2018), one more loss than in their other 21 such matches in the competition (W16 D4 L1). Complacency. pic.twitter.com/UTkbtaWRnP
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) January 27, 2021
1. City have gone 11 home games without defeat against Sheffield United, winning six and drawing five. Blades boss Wilder played the full 90 minutes when they last beat City on their travels, what was the year when they secured that 3-2 victory?
2. Arsenal have won their previous two Premier League matches against Manchester United. The last time the Gunners beat them three times in a row in the top flight was in 1998, with a 3-0 victory at Highbury. Which United player was sent off in that game?
3. West Ham have now gone nine Premier League games without beating Liverpool, losing seven and drawing two. Which former Reds striker scored the last time the Hammers defeated the Merseyside club in the competition five years ago?
4. Chelsea take on Burnley without a win in three home league games. Who was the Blues manager the last time they had a longer winless run in the top flight at Stamford Bridge?
5. Leeds United face a tough trip to high-flying Leicester City on Sunday. They were thrashed 4-0 in their only previous Premier League game at the King Power Stadium back in September 2003. Which Scottish striker scored a double?
2. Nicky Butt
3. Andy Carroll in a 2-0 victory at Upton Park
4. Guus Hiddink (five games in May 2016)
5. Paul Dickov
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!