There appears to be no stopping Manchester City in their quest to regain the Premier League title, but Manchester United will get a chance to halt their 21-match winning run on Sunday.
Pep Guardiola’s irrepressible side matched a club record of 28 matches without defeat when they saw off Wolves 4-1 on Tuesday.
City lead neighbours United by a mammoth 14 points and although the title race is surely over, the second-placed Red Devils won twice at the Etihad Stadium last season and will be hungry for more derby delight.
Aston Villa and Wolves are also in derby action on Saturday, while West Brom face Newcastle United in a battle between two sides fighting to avoid relegation.
Ahead of the action this weekend, test your knowledge with our Opta-powered Friday quiz.
1. Only Wayne Rooney (4) and Eric Cantona (3) have scored in more away Manchester derbies for the Red Devils in the Premier League than which current United player?
2. Ollie Watkins has scored seven home Premier League goals this season. Who was the last Aston Villa player to net more at Villa Park in a top-flight campaign (with his tally coming in the 2012-13 season)?
3. Which West Brom player has been directly involved in five goals in his last four Premier League appearances against Newcastle?
4. Liverpool have lost just one of their 23 top-flight home games against Fulham (W16 D6), with that solitary defeat coming in May 2012. Which defender’s own goal gave the visitors a 1-0 win on Merseyside nine years ago?
5. Which Arsenal player was sent off when they were beaten 1-0 at home by Burnley this season?
1. Anthony Martial (2)
2. Christian Benteke (11)
3. Matt Phillips (2 goals, 3 assists)
4. Martin Skrtel
5. Granit Xhaka
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!