A lot has happened in the past seven days.
There was the announcement of a new European Super League, involving Manchester United, Arsenal, Manchester City, Tottenham, Chelsea and Liverpool on Sunday… then the announcement the six Premier League teams had pulled out of the controversial competition two days later.
Now, the focus is fully on a weekend of Premier League action on the pitch. With runaway leaders City facing Spurs in the EFL Cup final, the Red Devils’ meeting with rivals Leeds United stands out as a marquee fixture, while Chelsea have a London derby against West Ham that has huge ramifications in the top-four race.
But ahead of the action, why not take in a normal dose of reality with our weekly Opta-powered Friday quiz? Find the answers below.
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) April 22, 2021
1. Newcastle have won just one of their 25 Premier League away games against reigning champions (D7 L17), losing the past five in a row by an aggregate score of 20-3. What was the score the last time they won such a fixture against Manchester United in December 2013?
2. West Ham’s Jesse Lingard has scored in each of his past five Premier League appearances for the Hammers. Who is the only player to ever score in six in a row for the club back in September and October 2014?
3. Mason Greenwood has scored 15 Premier League goals for Manchester United, with no player scoring more as a teenager for the Red Devils in the competition. He has netted four goals in his past three Premier League games. Who was the last teenager to score in four in a row in the competition in September 2000?
4. West Brom boss Sam Allardyce has won Premier League games against Aston Villa while in charge of Bolton, Blackburn, West Ham and Sunderland. He could become the second manager to beat Villa with five different teams in the competition. Who was the other?
5. Arsenal have never lost in the Premier League on a Friday and are the team to have played the most matches on a specific day without losing in the competition. How many games have they played on a Friday?
2. Diafra Sakho
3. Francis Jeffers
4. Roy Hodgson
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!