Fierce rivals Manchester United and Liverpool do battle this weekend as Chelsea look to push neighbours Fulham closer to the Premier League trapdoor.
Second-placed United’s five-match winning run in the top flight was halted when they were held to a goalless draw at Leeds United last Sunday. Now they face another old foe in the form of Liverpool at Old Trafford.
Manchester City only need six points to be guaranteed the title and will be halfway there if they win at Crystal Palace on Saturday.
Fulham are running out of time to mount a great escape and it would be a major surprise if they triumph in a west London derby at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
With just a few weeks of the season remaining, give our Opta-powered quiz a go while you can. Answers are below.
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) April 28, 2021
1. Manchester United have lost just one of their last 15 home games against Liverpool in all competitions (W10 D4). Which Red Devils player was sent off when the Reds last won at Old Trafford in March 2014 and, for an extra point, what was the score?
2. Fulham have won only one of their 29 Premier League matches against Chelsea (D10 L18), coming out on top 1-0 in March 2006 at Craven Cottage. Who was the Cottagers’ manager at the time?
3. Palace have conceded 25 goals at home in the Premier League this season. Which are the only two teams to let more in?
4. Arsenal have won five consecutive matches against Newcastle United without conceding a goal. Who was the last Magpies man to net against the Gunners when they lost 2-1 at home in September 2018?
5. Leeds’ Illan Meslier is the youngest goalkeeper in Premier League history to record 10 clean sheets. Who was the youngest before the 21-year-old broke that record by keeping the Red Devils at bay last weekend?
1. Nemanja Vidic and 3-0
2. Chris Coleman
3. Newcastle (27) and West Brom (33)
4. Ciaran Clark
5. Joe Hart (21 years and 134 days)
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!