The Premier League is back!
Arsenal travel to newly promoted Brentford in the opening game of the 2021-22 campaign on Friday.
Champions Manchester City face Tottenham – and possibly top transfer target Harry Kane – on Sunday, with Liverpool in action against returning Norwich City on Saturday, after Manchester United have hosted Leeds United.
So, ahead of the new season, why not give this Opta-powered quiz a go? You can find the answers at the bottom of the page…
— Brentford FC (@BrentfordFC) August 12, 2021
1. Arsenal begin against Brentford – it is the fourth time the Gunners have been involved in the opening game of a Premier League campaign, winning the other three in 2008-09, 2017-18 and 2020-21, but who did they play against in those matches?
2. Over the last 10 Premier League matches of 2020-21, Leeds claimed 23 points, winning seven games and drawing twice. Can you name the only club to collect more points across the same time span?
3. Liverpool are unbeaten in their five Premier League openers under Jurgen Klopp, but how many goals have the Reds scored across these matches?
4. Aston Villa begin life without Jack Grealish with a trip to Watford. Emiliano Buendia will wear the number 10 shirt, but how many goals did he assist for Norwich in the Championship last season?
5. Sunday’s meeting between Spurs and City brings up Nuno Espirito Santo’s first competitive game as Tottenham boss. Who was the club’s last manager to lose his opening fixture in charge?
1. West Brom, Leicester City, Fulham
2. Liverpool (26)
5. Andre Villas-Boas
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!