- Better odds than those at your standard bookmaker for at least 20%
- More than 400 football betting markets for live in-play betting
- Higher and earlier liquidity for placing bigger bets
- Modern mobile betting app that caters iOS and Android users
- Focused towards customer satisfaction guided by strict principles
The mission of 188Bet is as simple as it gets: to offer the best online sports betting experience. In order to achieve that goal 188Bet maintains odds that are commonly better than those available for placing bets at standard bookmaker sites. 188Bet’s concept of betting is more favourable to punters because bigger bets are possible helping you to benefit both ways, with better odds and bigger bets. Theoretically, 188Bet’s grasp on Asian handicap markets is less than 1.5% on the English Premier League along with three other top European football leagues including the Italian, German and Spanish, which means better value for you.
Register account at 188BET, make a deposit and place your first bet. If your first bet loses, you will get a full refund up to £25.
Background & License
188Bet is fully licensed and regulated by the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission since 2008. The website was launched in 2006 for the first time and today 188Bet is an established international sports betting and casino operator. Run by experienced professionals who are well versed in the best handicapping offers, 188Bet is the official shirt sponsor of Bolton Wanderers and it was the first to sponsor two Premier League football teams at the same time (as sponsor of Wigan Athletic and Bolton Wanderers from 2009 to 2011). It is also a sponsor of Newcastle Falcons, a rugby union northern premiership team.
This bookmaker is based in Asia and has always displayed a clear tendency towards Europe and European punters. Although 188Bet has the spirit of true Asian bookmaker by offering low margins, high limits and tolerates high winners, it slowly begins to adopt the characteristics that make up a European bookmaker in making services more strict, which can prove to be fatal for such a respected online bookie.
Free Bet & Promotions
As current incentive for potential new users 188Bet offers a £50 free bet bonus. This means that 188Bet will match your first bet (on selected markets only) up to a maximum of £50 free. To get this free bet bonus you will be required to make a qualified bet on a match from the English FA Cup, and in order to be eligible for it you have to be a resident of the United Kingdom or at least to access the 188Bet website from within UK. If you fulfil this pre-requirement and you have registered and made your first deposit, you are then ready to make a bet that will qualify for the free bet offer. For example, to get the free bet you have to place a bet on any of the English FA cup matches. If you have lost that bet because of a goal in the last 5 minutes, 188Bet will refund your bet as a free bet up to £50. Also, note that you must place a bet on a match that has minimum odds of 1.5. 188Bet has plenty of other free bet bonuses and cashback incentives. Just check their website.
Betting Coverage & Odds
We are accustomed to see 188Bet shake things up in the world of sports betting with its great odds. High street bookies and government betting monopolies look very poor and dull compared to 188Bet. Although focused on the Asian market 188Bet can provide a great range of sports to bet on, with all major sports, leagues and contests available. You can place bets on many lower level leagues across the world too, and some obscure sports like handball. If you stick around with 188Bet you will discover that it provides live betting for all your favourite football leagues, as well as for NFL, basketball or tennis. Besides, 188Bet is best known for its Asian handicaps and low margins on football handicaps.
As a football oriented bookmaker 188Bet can brag with quality football coverage. Football fanatics can bet on UEFA Champions League, English Premier League, Germany Bundesliga 1, Spain Primera Division, Italy Serie A, English League Cup, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Europa League, Australia A League, AFC Champions League etc. Also, available are all lower levels of the English Premier League all the way to the lowest Conference level, as well as some lower levels of the other major European countries.
Live In-Play Betting
This self-proclaimed in-play specialist can offer you 10,000 live games on average each month with more than 400 football markets available to bet on live. Early odds are published before every event. You can also watch the big games of your favourite team live which makes the in-play betting service all the more exciting. A great range of betting options is offered to those that want to bet in real-time. The daily winning limit for in-play betting is £500 per customer.
Deposit & Withdrawals
Payments are easy to make at 188Bet. You can use a wide selection of payment methods with which 188Bet strives to offer its customers some of the most convenient payment methods. These methods will easily suit any individual’s preferences. For all of your deposits as a member of 188Bet you can use credit cards (Visa, Mastercard), debit cards (Solo, Switch, Maestro, Delta, Visa Electron), bank transfer (local or direct), popular e-wallets (Skrill or Neteller), and Entropay. If you want to use Skrill as your payment method it is best to see if your country is in the ‘Not Permitted Countries’ list at 188Bet’s website.
On the other hand, all your withdrawals can be made via cheque, bank transfer, e-wallet or UK visa card, but no credit or debit cards. If your withdrawal amount exceeds the 188Bet withdrawal policy, you will be asked to provide documents for verification. You can make deposits using EUR, GBP, HKD, MYR, SGD, THB, USD, VND and IDR. The minimal deposit is only £10.
Customer Service & Security
As a part of the general customer support the 188Bet website is available in a number of languages that make accessing easier on a global scale. 188Bet is constantly working towards delivering its website in more languages and focuses on the needs of its customers by employing three important principles, which are: the customer always comes first; customer satisfaction is imperative for the business; and striving to exceed all expectations of customers. All of this customer focus is maintained through three major methods of communication: email, telephone and live chat. Furthermore, 188Bet welcomes any feedback that will help it in the endeavour to provide a quality customer experience.
As part of the security measures that 188Bet employs for the protection of its clients' funds all deposits and winnings are held in a segregated reserve bank account. This account is with the Kleinwort Benson Bank and Standard Bank Isle of Man. Besides, the Isle of Man license envisions special laws for the punters’ protection.
If you want some serious betting action, 188Bet is a must. It is probably the most polished online Asian bookmaker that is able to offer the key features that punters can’t seem to find sometimes at other bookmakers, and those are: high odds, great limits, football events often not available at other Asian competitors and an ultimate in-play action with up to ten thousand in-play markets in a single month. That is over two thousand markets on average every weekend. And don’t forget the Asian handicap markets. 188Bet is a specialist when it comes to Asian handicapping too. It is a perfect online bookmaker for all high rollers. Register an account at 188Bet today and get £50 bonus as a new user.
- Isle of Man
- Odd Formats:
- Decimal, Indo, Hong Kong, Malay
- Australia, South Africa, Israel, Philippines, Taiwan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and United States.
- 10,000 live games on average in a month
- Commonly known as the Handicapping Specialist
- Higher limits
- Great betting odds for even matches
- No horse racing
- Too much football oriented
- Higher withdrawals on higher wins
- What currencies can I use?
- When you register your 188Bet account you may select one of the following currencies: UK Pound Sterling, Euro, US Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Malaysian Ringgit, Chinese Renminbi, Singapore Dollar, Thai Baht, Indonesia Rupiah, and Vietnam Dong. Once selected all of your transaction activities, such as depositing, withdrawing, and wagering too, will be performed in that currency.
- How do deposit or withdraw any winnings?
- There is a button named Banking at the home screen of 188Bet. It is clearly visible and hardly anyone can miss it. When you click on the button a pop-up window will appear. If you click on Deposit or Withdraw you will be taken to an interface that is easy to use and which displays all the available methods. By clicking on your preferred method you can begin entering financial data about the transaction.
- Can I find definitions of betting terms?
- You can try and search Google for glossaries that contain betting terms, or you can use our betting glossary found on our site. In it you will find explanations about important features of each betting term, and we outline all the advantages and disadvantages of specific betting options.
- Can I place a bet via my mobile?
- Yes, 188Bet offers a fantastic mobile betting web app. It supports all kinds of mobile devices, be it a Smartphone device that runs on Android, iOS, Blackberry or Windows OS, or some older mobile devices that can access the internet. It performs well on all devices, but most of all on Smartphones, because they will bring the best out of 188Bet’s betting app.
- Are my personal details safe?
- 188Bet uses technical measures to safeguard your personal data, such as storing your personal data on secure servers. Although 188Bet will use everything reasonable to securing your personal data, you have to be aware that the use of the internet is not entirely secure, so it is your responsibility to watch out where you supply sensitive data.
- How can I make a bet?
- Go to the home page and select the sport that you want to bet on. If you want to bet on the latest sports events put up for betting for the day, you can use just the home page. Click on the odds of your preferred event and the selection will be added to your bet slip. Your potential payouts are calculated automatically. All your settled bets are displayed in ‘Betting History’.