There is of course two things that any soccer fan of a La Liga soccer team can do to show their loyalty to any team and their adoration of any player, the first is to attend as many matches as they can do in which their team is playing, and also buy a replica shirt of their favourite players too. This guide is going to be enlightening you on just which player’s shirts are the most popular and most bought ones by fans of teams and players in La Liga.
As with any football league, you are going to find that often the away kit is as popular with fans as the home kit, and each year you can be assured that each team in La Liga will bring out a new range of both home and away team kits that avid fans are often very eager to purchase.
With Barcelona having won the La Liga title a whopping 33 times to date over their history, you will often find many retail outlets selling football shirts will have their kit and shirts on offer, and there are plenty of individual team player shirts that are listed as the best selling ones as you will find out below.
Over the history of La Liga those teams that have had a solid and enviable record of league title wins and by virtue of that fact have acquired a very strong and loyal following of fans include Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atlético Madrid, Valencia and Athletic Bilbao.
Each season each team will be sporting their newly designed kits and it is the top players from each of those teams that do sell a huge number of shirts. Many La Liga teams are also more than willing to play teams from across the globe before the main season starts in “friendlies” as they are known.
That is one way to build up loyal following of fans from other countries that have seen them play their less famous local teams in those friendlies. However, no matter which team a fan does support, there will always be one player the majority of fans will want to buy the replica shirt of that player and wear it on their backs.
It is the players who tend to have the best record on the pitch and those that score the most goals during the season that tend to have the most loyal following, especially from younger fans and that is the information we have used to compile the listing of the top best selling shirts in La Liga that also end up being the most sold shirts in the world. According to some reports, the jersey of Real Madrid is the best selling club shirt in the world!
In this final section of our guide to the best selling La Liga shirts, we are going to enlighten you on which players shirts are the most popular with fans and the ones they always make a beeline to purchase, so please read on as the results may or may not surprise you!
1. Lionel Messi – The top selling shirt of any player in La Liga is the Lionel Messi short and if you are unsure which team he plays for he is the Forward for FC Barcelona.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo – It will probably not surprise you to learn that Cristiano Ronaldo is someone on this list in fact this Real Madrid Midfielder has the second top selling shirt!
3. Gerard Piqué – Another FC Barcelona player is high up on our top selling La Liga shirt list and that is the FC Barcelona player Gerard Piqué whose shirt is the third best selling one.
4. Andrés Iniesta – He may be 32 years old but his skills are remarkable on the pitch, and the FC Barcelona Central Midfielder Andrés Iniesta shirt is the fourth top selling one in La Liga.
5. Neymar – Neymar plays for both the Brazil National Team and is also as a Forward for FC Barcelona, and Neymar as he is often referred to as is the fifth best selling shirt.
6. Sergio Busquets – Being both a defensive midfielder for FC Barcelona and also a player in the Spanish National Team Sergio Busquets has the sixth best selling shirt in La Liga.
7. Sergio Ramos – The Captain of Real Madrid is of course Sergio Ramos and his shirt is another often bought one, and is currently the seventh best selling shirt in La Liga!
8. Daniel Alves – With his cheeky boyish grin and his excellent record on the football pitch it is the Juventus F.C Defender Daniel Alves whose shirt is the eighth best selling La Liga shirt.
(Source: Football Top 10)