Whilst it is very true to say that all soccer fans are going to support one team more than any other, when it comes to International Football, then the majority of soccer fans will stand loyally behind the team hailing from their country of birth! We have a series of guides that will enlighten you on just which soccer players’ shirts are the most sold ones in all leagues, however this one is dedicated to showing you which are the most sold National Team shirts.
In 2013 FIFA made the designed to allow National Football Teams to design their shirts differently than in the past, and as such you will now find some quite multi-coloured and very striking shirts and kits being worn by all National Teams. However, the general and main colour of a lot of those team shirts remain the same with just some minor changes being made to both their away and home team shirts each year.
Each year all National Football Teams are going to believe they have a good chance of being crowned the best team on planet earth. However, there are many teams that do tend to outshine their competitors on an international level. Two of the best International teams you will come across are Germany who has won the World Cup four times and Brazil who has won it five times but that does not necessarily mean their shirts are the top selling ones!
There can be many factors that make one National Team shirt a better selling one than others, sometimes it is the sheer size of the country and at other times it is the skill of the teams on the soccer pitch.
However, below are in order, the top selling National Team shirts for the 2016/2017 season, this information has been sourced by using the Kitbag website and selecting their best selling International Shirts option from their site menu, and the results may surprise you!
1. Spain (Home) – With such a remarkable track record at International level and with such a huge following it will not surprise you to learn that Spain has the best selling National Team shirt, which for reference is their Home Shirt!
2. Italy (Home) – There is no getting away from the fact that Italy can and do always put together a very strong team, and their huge following has made their shirt the Home Shirt the second best selling one.
3. England (Home) – It may have been back in 1966 that England won the World Cup, however they do score top marks for at least trying their best to regain the cup every four years, which one day they may just do. Their Home Shirt is the third best selling International team shirt.
4. Belgium (Home) – It might surprise you to learn that the Belgium National Home Team shirt is the fourth best selling one, however with a massive following of fans that is hardly surprising!
5. Argentina (Home) – Having had outstanding seasons at International level it is the Argentina Home Team Shirt that is quite constant in regards to being the best selling one and is currently number five in our list.
6. Spain (Goalkeeper) – We did have to double check the sixth best selling International Team Shirt as it was, according to Kitbag, the Spain Goalkeeper shirt that is the sixth best selling shirt, however having seen it, it is rather stylish!
7. Ghana (Home) – You will always find a huge amount of support behind Ghana when they are playing International Football, and this is another surprise on our list of the best selling International team shirts as it is the seventh best selling one.
8. Germany (Away)– With packed stadiums at home, whenever Germany play at an International level their fans always follow them and their away shirt is the eighth best selling one.