Friday, February 20, 2026

´Everything is possible´ in January transfer window, says Glasner amid Johnson speculation

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 1 Jan 2026

33 Views

Oliver Glasner conceded “everything is possible” in the January transfer window but refused to confirm Crystal Palace’s reported pursuit of Brennan Johnson.

Palace have been linked with the Tottenham forward in the last week, with reports suggesting a deal had been agreed between the two clubs.

The final decision is being left to Johnson, who is also said to be of interest to Bournemouth, who could have to replace Antoine Semenyo if his reported move to Manchester City goes ahead.

Thomas Frank insisted he “fully expects” the Welsh international to be available to Spurs in their coming matches.

And Glasner, ahead of Palace’s Premier League meeting with Fulham on New Year’s Day, felt it was not the time to speculate over player moves.

“Let’s see what’s happening,” he said in his pre-match press conference.

“It’s a next crazy month in football, and I don’t know.

“I have experienced so many different situations that you thought the player is already here, and then he is not here, or you thought the player would definitely stay, and then he leaves.

“The next 31 days will be everything is possible like always, and everything I say now might be wrong in two days.

“I think most of what I say now will definitely be wrong by the end of the transfer window, because I don’t know.

“That is why I don’t really care about it and especially why I don’t want to talk about it in public.”

Johnson scored the winning goal to secure Spurs the Europa League trophy in May, but has started just six Premier League games this season.

Despite struggling for game time under Frank, he has netted four goals in all competitions, the third-highest total by a Spurs player this season.

The 24-year-old was Spurs’ leading goalscorer in all competitions under Ange Postecoglou last season, netting 18 times.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This field is required *

Join the conversation!

or Register

Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top