The SoccerNews editorial column, featuring articles from respected football journalists.
- October 21, 2016Can Valencia dent Barcelona’s title hopes at the Mestalla this weekend?
Barcelona travel to the Mestalla Stadium to face Valencia in the Spanish La Liga on Saturday afternoon, in a game […] [+]
- October 20, 2016Rejuvenated Stoke City to pile the misery onto Hull City on Saturday
Stoke City travel to the KCOM Stadium to face newly-promoted Hull City in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon, and […] [+]
- October 20, 2016Can an in-form Bournemouth capitalise on Tottenham’s recent dip away from home this weekend?
Bournemouth welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Dean Court in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon. Spurs are favourites with the bookmakers […] [+]
- October 19, 2016Barcelona 4-0 Man City: Messi’s hat-trick ruins Guardiola’s Camp Nou comeback
Lionel Messi scored a hat-trick and Neymar completed the scoring for Barcelona tonight as Luis Enrique’s men humiliate Pep Guardiola […] [+]
- October 19, 2016After a rough start, Edin Dzeko is finally proving his worth for Roma
What a difference one year can make. Especially in the case of Edin Dzeko. Last season, the Bosnian striker was […] [+]
- October 17, 2016Liverpool 0-0 Man United: Five things we learned from a goalless draw at Anfield
Liverpool’s Premier League four-match winning haul was put to a halt on Monday night at Anfield as the Reds were […] [+]
- October 17, 2016Buffon Comparisons Could Hurt Tender Gianluigi Donnarumma
Serie A and the Italian football in general, both on club and international level, have long been on what turned […] [+]
- October 15, 2016Chelsea 3-0 Leicester City: High-flying Blues ease past Premier League champions
The Blues have endured a mixed start in the new season going three Premier League games without a win ending […] [+]
- October 14, 2016Led by two maligned strikers, can Nice and Monaco challenge PSG?
Nice in first. Monaco in second. PSG in third. If one had to do a double take after looking at […] [+]
- October 14, 2016Are Leicester realistic title challengers this season?
Seven games into the Premier League campaign and reigning champions Leicester are 12th in the top-flight table after an unconvincing […] [+]
- October 13, 2016Steve Bruce could be the man to steady the Villa ship
On Wednesday Championship Aston Villa appointed Steve Bruce as their new boss. For me, it could be a very sensible […] [+]
- October 13, 2016Isco & Real Madrid: A Love Story Coming to an End?
Things have not gone down the way they were expected to go after December 2012 for Francisco Roman Alcoron Suarez, […] [+]
- October 12, 2016Can OGC Nice beat Olympique Lyonnais to stay top of the French Ligue 1 this week?
OGC Nice welcome Olympique Lyonnais to the Allianz Riviera in Friday’s French Ligue 1 clash, and could well pick up […] [+]
- October 11, 201614 left to go: Napoli’s iconic captain inching closer to making history
A century (plus one) goals in just under ten seasons with his club, Napoli. It is a stat any striker […] [+]
- October 10, 2016Netherlands 0-1 France: Pogba’s long-range howler proves a winning difference for Les Bleus
The Netherlands national team has suffered yet another disappointing result against respectable opposition and fellow World Cup visa contender France […] [+]
- October 9, 2016Is it time for England to consider Wayne Rooney’s role?
Sometimes players are just too big to drop, or it takes a brave manager to drop them. That seems to […] [+]
- October 8, 2016Diego Costa: How long before goals stop justifying “madness”?
If it’s a pronounced villain that makes every good story a great one, football should be happy to have Diego […] [+]
- October 6, 2016Italy 1-1 Spain: Five things we learned as Azzurri steal a point from La Roja
Things are getting fairly interesting in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers Group G as Albania moved top of the […] [+]
- October 6, 2016Inter’s Icard-ependency is a major source of concern
September 18th is surely a day Inter fans wish they could relive a bit longer. On that Sunday, the Nerazzurri […] [+]