Friday, March 24, 2017

Cabella closes door on Newcastle return

Newcastle midfielder Remy Cabella has all but confirmed that he has no plans to return to St James’ Park.

The 25-year-old joined the Magpies as a marquee signing from Montpellier just over a year ago, but he couldn’t make the expected impact in England.

Following a disappointing campaign in English Premier League, Cabella was loaned to Marseille as part of the deal that saw Florian Thauvin move in the other direction.

The attacking midfielder admits he is pleased to be back in France and he does not plan to return to England for the foreseeable future.

Some ten days after revealing that “England is not for me”, Cabella says that he hopes to rediscover the passion for the game he had lost while at Newcastle.

“Little by little, it will come back,” the midfielder told reporters after the Toulouse vs Marseille match.

“It is true that I am lacking rhythm. I have to find passion on the pitch, which I kind of lost because of the last year at Newcastle.”

Remy Cabella has started all five matches for Marseille since returning to France, although he has yet to score his first goal for the club.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Nemanja Lazarevic


Working as editor-in-chief at Soccernews.com, Nemanja Lazarevic is responsible for organising and managing the team of writers to ensure the content produced on the site meets high industry standards and remains interesting to our readers. As our go-to guy for the football transfer news, he uses an extensive experience in the industry to dig up latest transfer stories from local sources.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top