AC Milan technical director Brazilian Leonardo admitted Monday the Italian club were running the rule over Chelsea striker Didier Drogba and Arsenal’s Emmanuel Adebayor.
“It’s no secret we’re interested in signing a forward and are studying candidates. Drogba is a fine player and Adebayor is a player I really like. We are waiting for the right time to move,” Leonardo told the BBC.
Togo striker Adebayor last week expressed an interest in joining Barcelona but has also said Italy would appeal, hinting he feels it was time to move on.
Milan are after reinforcements after offloading Alberto Gilardino to Fiorentina, while veteran Ronaldo has a serious knee injury.
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani last month said he had made Adebayor his club’s “sole transfer target” of the summer, while suggesting the Togolese would prove too expensive with Barca also in the hunt and, unlike the Italians, in the Champions League.
Ivory Coast forward Drogba has meanwhile been linked with AC Milan but also city rivals Inter and Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Leonardo meanwhile insisted that Brazilian playmaker Kaka was not for sale, despite reports Sunday quoting AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani as saying Chelsea have put a big-money offer on the table for him.
“I can only repeat what we keep saying – there is no possibility of Kaka moving away from Milan. We have not received an official bid for him. He is very close to AC Milan and has a very, very good relationship with the club,” Leonardo said.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!