Friday, May 24, 2024

Arteta wants to prove supercomputer wrong as Arsenal prepare for derby test

SoccerNews in English Premier League 27 Apr 2024

66 Views

Mikel Arteta is looking to prove the Opta supercomputer wrong as Arsenal prepare for perhaps the biggest test of their Premier League title credentials, in Sunday’s North London derby at Tottenham.

Arsenal began the weekend one point clear of Manchester City at the top of the table, though Pep Guardiola’s men have a game in hand and have been in ominous form lately, winning their last four league matches.

Five wins for City will ensure they retain their crown, and according to the Opta supercomputer, the champions started the weekend with a 71.7% chance of topping the pile, compared to 26.6% for Arsenal and just 1.7% for Liverpool.

Arteta hopes to see Arsenal’s figure boosted by a derby win, saying: “I don’t know what to say, hopefully we can trick that computer and make it a bit higher!

“Maybe it needs to update the software, we need to help it or give it more tools. Hopefully we can change that!

“We are there. We have to look at ourselves and try to perform in the best possible way to win our matches and I can’t wait to see what happens.

“We had a big win in the last London derby against Chelsea and now we have another big one. I’m sure if we’re going to win the league, we’re going to have to beat Spurs as well.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This field is required *

Join the conversation!

or Register

Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top