Bayern Munich still have no plans to make signings late in the January transfer window, sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic said ahead of Sunday’s game against Hertha Berlin.
The Bundesliga champions are top of the table and through to the knockout stages of the Champions League.
From this position of strength, Bayern have let the first three weeks of January pass without a senior signing – and Salihamidzic does not plan on entering the market before the end of the month.
The availability of Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria has not piqued Bayern’s interest; nor has the potential need for a replacement for left-back Alphonso Davies.
The club confirmed earlier this month Davies is unable to take part in training due to a mild inflammation of the heart.
But Salihamidzic told DAZN: “We have Lucas Hernandez and Omar Richards [at left-back].
“I said before Christmas that we are well positioned and have no need [in January].”
Bayern were three points clear of second-placed Borussia Dortmund heading into Sunday’s match, with BVB having beaten Hoffenheim 3-2 on Saturday.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!