Sporting Director Txiki Begiristain said in an interview on Barca TV that a major clean Ã‚â€“ out was very much on the cards at the club.
He said that after such a poor season in which no trophies had been won, it would be necessary for the club hierarchy to sit down and address the problems.
Begiristain added that certain decisions are going to have to be made at the end of the season.
TuesdayÃ‚â€™s dismal performance against Manchester United in the Champions League has meant that Barcelona have gone two seasons with success. That is despite the financial outlay in bringing star players to the club who hadnÃ‚â€™t quite lived up to expectations.
He added that the players alone were not the only ones responsible for the club’s failures, but the coaches and technical staff as well.
It is common knowledge that the club are expected to part company with, amongst others, Thierry Henry, Deco, Lilian Thuram, Gianluca Zambrotta, Rafael Marquez and Eidur Gudjohnsen.
Expected to be on the shopping list are Sevilla wingback Daniel Alves, Deportivo Coruna defender Fabricio Coloccini, Bayern Munich fullback Philipp Lahm, Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas and Olympique Lyon striker Karim. Big prize would also be Benzema.
There are also rumours that Frank Rijkaard could be on his way out of the Nou Camp.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!