The Match result and both teams to score betting explained is an easy-to-follow guide that will help you understand how to predict the full-time result and if both teams will score in a single bet.
Although this is considered a high-risk bet with low chances of success, the possible high return makes it appealing to punters.
What is the match result and both teams to score in football betting?
The Match result and both teams to score is a complex football betting market where you need to predict the outcome of 2 events during the 90-minute regular time. This betting selection is usually located under the Combo or Special category located in a football match betting market.
However, although many bookies are adding this bet to their offer, such a special option is attributed only to top football matches. Lower league games will most likely not feature the Match result and Both teams to score option. Instead, you will find this selection regularly in top competitions like the Premier League or UEFA Champions League.
How to bet on match result and btts
Following a detailed analysis, you can use this pick as a pre-match bet to enhance your bet slip total odds. Since the final odds will be high, I recommend you use this option primarily in single bets. Also, you are predicting 2 outcomes to occur for the same event. This will significantly lower your probability of success.
If you are a high roller, you can build accumulators. Add the match result and both teams to score pick to other selections on your bet slip. Keep it real and go for a double or a treble by adding other lower-risk picks to your ACCA.
Looking at the above screenshot, we can notice Chelsea winning without Crystal Palace to score is our high-risk pick. Adding Juventus and Trabzonspor to win their home matches is greatly boosting the final odds.
How match result and both teams to score work?
Match result & both teams to score has 6 possible outcomes. There are 3 outcomes attributed to the match result and 2 options for both teams to score. The full-time result will have the classic results: home win, draw, or away win. On the other hand, both teams to score is a question with 2 answers: yes or no.
Match result and both teams to score example
Juventus are facing Udinese at home in what is considered by the bookmakers to be an easy win for the hosts. As you can see below, 6 possible outcomes can occur in the match result & both teams to score market.
Let’s break down all the possible scenarios, asses the risks for each pick and, what is the meaning for each selection:
- Juventus & Yes will turn out as a winning bet if the former Serie A champions win conceding also at least 1 goal. The odds of 4.00 attributed to this outcome are considered to be a medium-risk pick
- Juventus & No is the most probable outcome to occur, hence the smallest odds (2.00). In this case, the bookie is giving Juve a high chance to win without conceding a goal
- Draw & Yes is a high-risk bet since you are betting against Juventus. This selection is considered to be a winner if Juventus and Udinese finish the game undecided with both teams scoring
- Draw & No is priced very high by the bookie having a lower probability of occurrence. Juventus needs to be held level by Udinese without a goal being scored. This pick should have the same odds as the 0-0 correct score since this is the only outcome that could win your bet
- Udinese & Yes is the highest gamble you can pick on this betting market. The bookmaker is giving slim chances for a major upset in Turin with a win for Udinese while also having Juventus on the scoring board
- Udinese & No is another less probable outcome considering Juventus’s firepower at home. At odds 11, you could win this bet if the visitors pull off a shock win without Juve scoring (0-1, 0-2. etc)
Match result & BTTS betting strategy
There are many variables in play when you are trying to predict the Match Result & BTTS. A few scenarios are possible to unfold. However, in this tutorial, we are going to break down the following scenario: the home team wins with both teams scoring.
Considering our selection, we need to pay attention to the following variables:
- a team that is playing attacking football will have more chances to score
- a strong team that is playing at home has a higher possibility to win
- a competition with open games football has an increased possibility of both teams scoring
A team that fits the bill in this case will be Tottenham. The London side is playing attacking football at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, regardless of the opponent. This will not only increase Postecoglu’s team’s chances of scoring but will leave spaces behind the backline.
The opponents can exploit this opportunity and score. Looking at this season’s stats, 50% (7 from 14) of Spurs games played at home ended with a win and both teams scoring. All you have to do is set up a good betting strategy that will allow you to explore the match result and both teams to score market backing Tottenham all season in the home games.
Avoid football competitions with low average goals scored figures. Instead, go for leagues that boost a great number of goals each round like Eredivisie and the German Bundesliga.
Tight games like derby matches are also not recommended. In this particular situation, it is difficult to predict the match result since each of the sides can win. Adding to that a prediction if both teams will score or not, you will need to have luck on top of being an excellent punter.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!