Sunday, August 14, 2022

Porto and Liverpool dismiss Otavio rumours

Liverpool have been credited with interest in FC Porto attacking midfielder Otavio for practically a year now, with the first rumours emerging in Portugal ahead of last year’s summer transfer window. The Merseysiders went on to sign winger Luis Diaz from Porto in January instead, but it did very little to quell the ‘reports’ Jurgen Klopp wanted Otavio at Anfield as well.

It was said that the Champions League runners-up were preparing to trigger a release clause for Otavio, set at €60 million.

However, Fabrizio Romano says the clause actually amounts to €40m, and his sources at both Liverpool and Porto have denied any talks on the subject. Having parted ways with Divock Origi, Sadio Mane and Takumi Minamino so far, Liverpool have signed Fabio Carvalho, Darwin Nunez and Calvin Ramsay.

As things stand, Otavio is not on their list, and neither is a return for Georginio Wijnaldum, even if some reports suggest otherwise.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Veselin Trajkovic


Vesko is a football writer that likes to observe the game for what it is, focusing on teams, players and their roles, formations, tactics, rather than stats. He follows the English Premier League closely, Liverpool FC in particular. His articles have been published on seven different football blogs.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top
1
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x