The list of candidates to replace Ronald Koeman at Barcelona is already forming.
Koeman was dismissed after Wednesday’s 1-0 defeat to Rayo Vallecano which left them ninth in LaLiga.
Barcelona are battling financial challenges and have struggled since Lionel Messi’s exit in August.
FC Barcelona has relieved Ronald Koeman of his duties as first team coach
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) October 27, 2021
TOP STORY – XAVI OFFERED BARCELONA JOB
Barcelona have offered their vacant head coaching role to club legend Xavi, reports Goal.
The Catalans have acted fast with Koeman sacked late on Wednesday.
Xavi is currently coaching Qatari outfit Al Sadd but has an exit clause in his contract, although Barca are prepared to pay any fee required.
The 41-year-old long-time Barcelona midfielder retired from playing in 2019, with his final on-field stint at Al Sadd before moving into coaching.
– Liverpool are in the box seat to sign Leeds United’s England international midfielder Kalvin Phillips, according to the Daily Star. Phillips, who is contracted with Leeds until 2024, has been linked with Manchester United too, but the report claims Liverpool are his first choice and the deal would be worth around £60million.
– Manchester United have conceded that agreeing a new deal with Paul Pogba is impossible and are prepared to lose the France international on a free transfer when his contract expires at the end of the season, reports ESPN. Pogba has been linked with Paris Saint-Germain , Juventus and Real Madrid .
– Manchester United’s Amad Diallo is interested in going out on loan to Dutch club Feyenoord, according to Feyenoord TM. The 19-year-old Ivorian winger has not played this season.
– TEAMtalk claims that PSG have joined the pursuit of Leeds United’s Brazil international Raphinha. PSG is the current home of Raphinha’s Brazilian team-mates Neymar and Marquinhos.
– Chelsea are preparing for Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen’s exit by lining up moves for Sevilla’s Jules Kounde and Juventus’ Matthijs de Ligt, reports Eurosport.
— Antonio Rüdiger (@ToniRuediger) October 23, 2021
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!