Newcastle United are set to flex their financial muscles during the January transfer window.
The Magpies are struggling in the Premier League drop zone even after claiming a 1-1 draw with Manchester United.
But following a change of ownership they have funds available to bolster their squad.
TOP STORY – MAGPIES KEEN ON BARCELONA’S UMTITI
Cashed-up Newcastle are considering a move for Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti according to The Sun.
The 2018 World Cup winner has fallen out of favour at Barcelona, who are looking to offload players due to their financial issues.
Eddie Howe’s side have conceded a league-high 42 goals and want to shore up their backline to aid their case to avoid relegation.
Newcastle line up £17m transfer for Samuel Umtiti with Barca desperate to get £220k wages off books https://t.co/HISCKD1Qnm
— The Sun Football (@TheSunFootball) December 27, 2021
– Bayern Munich have ramped up their bid to sign Leeds United’s Raphinha, claims The Sun. Leeds remain hopeful of keeping the Brazil international.
– Chelsea have also entered the race to sign Raphinha according to the Express, who also claim they will allow Christian Pulisic and Hakim Ziyech to depart.
– Tottenham are leading the way to secure the signature of Milan midfielder Franck Kessie with the two parties in advanced talks, reports the Express.
– Ex-Liverpool forward Philippe Coutinho‘s preferred new home is Arsenal, with Barcelona keen to offload the Brazil international according to Sport.
– Milan, Napoli and Fiorentina are all on high alert with Torino’s Italy international striker Andrea Belotti set to exit the club when his contract expires at season’s end, reports Calciomercato.
— Express Sport (@DExpress_Sport) December 27, 2021
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!