Chelsea are expected to be one of the major players on deadline day, having completed a deal for Wesley Fofana on Wednesday.
The Blues have been one of the big spenders during the transfer window and owner Todd Boehly is eager to bolster his squad after a slow start to the season.
Barcelona forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been linked with the Blues, along with Anthony Gordon, although Everton boss Frank Lampard insists he is not for sale.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA OFFERED CHANCE TO SIGN PSG’S NEYMAR
The Daily Mail claims Chelsea have been offered the chance to sign Neymar, but the Times reports that Paris Saint-Germain are now refusing to sell him in an apparent U-turn.
The 30-year-old Brazil international had been linked with a move away from Paris during the off-season, although nothing substantial materialised.
Chelsea were approached about Neymar, with PSG potentially open to letting him go as they seek to avoid any issues with UEFA’s Financial Fair Play guidelines.
– Chelsea have made a €50 million (£43m) bid for Ajax centre-back Edson Alvarez, according to the Telegraaf. The Blues have already added Fofana but want more reinforcements, with the Mexican able to also play in midfield.
– Chelsea are also interested in Aubameyang, with Fabrizio Romano claiming negotiations are progressing with Marcos Alonso involved in a deal with Barcelona. The Blues have also been linked with Milan’s Rafael Leao, according to The Times.
– Mundo Deportivo reports that Barcelona and Inter have agreed to a deal for full-back Jordi Alba to join the Nerazzurri on loan. The deal is on the basis that Robin Gosens leaves Inter for Bayer Leverkusen.
– Milan are set to win the race to sign Barcelona’s Sergino Dest, beating out interest from Manchester United, claims Gianluca Di Marzio. Dest will join the Rossoneri on a season-long loan with the option of a permanent deal.
– Newcastle United are in the race to sign Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans, claims the Mail. Arsenal are also interested in the Belgium international.
– Fulham have submitted a bid for Blackburn’s Chile international Ben Brereton Diaz according to The Athletic. Rovers boss Jon Dahl Tomasson has said he would cost a lot of money, with Fulham’s offer not disclosed.
– PSV have opted against selling 23-year-old Netherlands international Cody Gakpo amid interest from Leeds United and Southampton, reports The Athletic.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!