Ronald Koeman’s first season in charge at Barcelona was less than convincing, creating doubts about his future.
Koeman guided Barcelona to third place in La Liga in 2020-21, as well as lifting the Copa del Rey, but they bowed out of the Champions League in the last 16.
It was a season of change at Barcelona, with Joan Laporta taking over as president in March and recently stating they will undergo an off-season “renovation” and that their “cycle has ended”.
TOP STORY – KOEMAN SET FOR BARCA SHOWDOWN TALKS
Ronald Koeman will sit down with Barcelona president Joan Laporta this week for showdown talks about his future, claims Diario Sport.
Koeman was appointed by previous president Josep Maria Bartomeu on a two-year deal in August last year.
Laporta will also likely inform the Dutchman to sell up to 10 players to fund their off-season transfer plans.
Barcelona have been linked with a host of players including Sergio Aguero, Erling Haaland and Georginio Wijnaldum this off-season.
Laporta se reunirá en los próximos días con Koemanhttps://t.co/WFTgHseYLC
— Diario SPORT (@sport) May 23, 2021
– Fabrizio Romano claims that David Alaba will join Real Madrid irrespective of Zinedine Zidane’s future. Alaba has completed and agreed to a pre-contract.
– Le10Sport claims Paris Saint-Germain are shaping as the favourites to sign Liverpool’s off-contract midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum rather than Barcelona who are yet to make an offer for the Dutchman.
– Barcelona are weighing up an off-season move for Atalanta’s German versatile full-back Robin Gosens, claims Diario Sport.
– Milan will look to secure Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea on a permanent deal, with a €28million option to buy him, claims Fabrizio Romano.
– Arsenal have opted out of the race for Brighton’s Yves Bissouma, boosting Liverpool’s hopes of signing him reports The Mail.
– Leicester City are in the hunt for Sassuolo midfielder Jeremie Boga, joining the race along with Atalanta and Napoli, according to Calciomercato.
David Alaba will be joining Real Madrid as a free agent whatever happens with Zinedine Zidane. He’ll be the first new signing of Real also if Zidane decides to leave the club, the pre-contract is completed and agreed since April. #Real
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) May 24, 2021
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!