Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Ancelotti: Sanches will stay at Bayern Munich

SoccerNews in Bundesliga 31 Jul 2017

103 Views

Renato Sanches will stay at Bayern Munich for the new Bundesliga season, head coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed.

Sanches had been expected to leave the German champions on loan, having only started six league matches in his first season at the Allianz Arena after joining Bayern in a €35million deal.

AC Milan were reportedly front-runners to sign the Portugal international on a temporary basis, although chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirmed Chelsea’s Antonio Conte had asked about the teenager’s availability.

But Ancelotti, having been impressed with the displays put in by Sanches during Bayern’s International Champions Cup campaign, says he will now keep the midfielder.

“On Renato, there’s no news,” the Italian said at a press conference for the Audi Cup, a pre-season tournament hosted by Bayern on Tuesday and Wednesday.

“He’s started the season with us and he’ll stay with us until the end of the transfer window, on August 31. He played well in our last game.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top