Saturday, November 25, 2017

Gundogan not ruling out Dortmund return

SoccerNews in Bundesliga 21 Sep 2016

60 Views

Ilkay Gundogan has made a swift impact at Manchester City, but says he cannot discount the possibility of rejoining Borussia Dortmund further down the line.

The Germany international, 25, completed a switch to City from Dortmund in June, agreeing terms on a four-year contract.

Following knee surgery that saw him miss Euro 2016, Gundogan had to wait until last week to make his City debut – a 4-0 rout of Borussia Monchengladbach in the Champions League.

A first goal followed in Saturday’s 4-0 Premier League win over Bournemouth and Gundogan wants to prove himself away from Dortmund before considering any potential return to the Bundesliga.

“If it was the case in the next one or two years, I would probably not be happy about it,” he told Sport Bild.

“Because it would probably mean that I have failed or not developed myself.

“If I’m 29 or 30, I do not know if [Dortmund would] still want me. Basically, I would not exclude the possibility, but now I have other big targets.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top