Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo said he has received no offers for gun striker Radamel Falcao.
The 64-year-old Cerezo was quite keen to talk down the speculation surrounding the possible departure of Falcao, insisting Atletico will stand firm if others come knocking.
“We have not received any offer from anybody. Nor has the player come to say that he wants to leave. Enough already, there is nothing at all here,” Cerezo told La Informacion.
The former Porto hitman has been in sensational form so far this season for the La Liga side, scoring 11 goals in 10 appearances in the Spanish top flight. The 26-year-old arrived at the Estadio Vicente Calderon in mid-2011, as a replacement for Sergio Aguero who departed for Manchester City.
It is not the first time there has been huge interest in Atletico’s star strikers and Cerezo insists while it is in his hands, he is determined not to let the Colombia international leave like previous Atleti heroes.
He added: “Falcao has a contract to fulfill but here we are sat in the middle watching what is being said. I insist that Chelsea, Borussia (Dortmund), nobody has called us, but if they do ask, they already know what there is. The same happened with Kun Aguero and with Fernando Torres.”
Atletico sit second in the table just three points behind Barcelona having won 10 of 12 games. They host Sevilla on Sunday.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!