In-demand Corinthians star Paulinho has reaffirmed his commitment to the Brazilian outfit despite being targeted by several European clubs.
The defensive midfielder signed a new contract with his club until 2015 in September, and the 24-year-old reassured Corinthians fans that he will not be leaving.
Paulinho has been strongly linked with Inter Milan and Paris Saint-Germain but said he would remain in the Brazil Serie A.
”I want to stay here and play in Corinthians’ new stadium. There has been a lot of speculation, but they have mostly been lies. When there was a proposal I spoke honestly about what was happening,” Paulinho told ESPN Brazil.
“I talked with my wife about possibly moving to Inter. Initially, I liked the idea of going there, but the directors of Corinthians did all they could to keep me.
“It is important at certain times to think about money but other times you have to do what is best for you and your career.”
Earlier on Saturday, PSG defender Thiago Silva revealed he was trying to convince the midfielder to move to France.