Sunday, September 22, 2019

AC Milan move for Chelsea strike duo

AC Milan claim they have been given the go-ahead to open talks with Chelsea star striker Didier Drogba, however the Italian’s move for former striker Andriy Shevchenko has been blocked by the London club according to Sky Sports.

Drogba is believed to be Milan’s number-one summer transfer target after a poor season in the Serie A. The Italian giants are understandably bitter at missing out on a UEFA Champions League spot, and will look to build on the current squad for next season by signing Ivorian star Drogba.

Drogba’s future at Stamford Bridge has been under much speculation for months, after Drogba himself admitted he is unsettled at Chelsea and is not sure about his future in England.

Drogba, 30, signed for Chelsea for £24 million in 2004 and has since proved his worth through prolific scoring. Despite his occasional inability to stay on his feet, Drogba has won many plaudits through his impressive powerful displays at Chelsea.

The Ivorian was said to be upset at the departure of boss Jose Mourinho and told the press that he wanted to leave Stamford Bridge, with Spain or Italy his destination.

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani told Sky Sportsthat he had met with Chelsea director Peter Kenyon to discuss matters and Chelsea had given them the green light to talk with Drogba. Galliani told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport: “Chelsea have authorised us to open negotiations with Drogba.”

However, Galliani also revealed the Italian’s side failure to resign Andriy Shevchenko, telling Gazzetta dello Sport “Unfortunately, the response we feared for Shevchenko came, Chelsea consider Andrei unsellable. This epilogue makes us very sad.”

Milan had been said to be keen to resign the former San Siro favourite, who hit his best form whilst at AC Milan and still has several close links in Italy.

However it would most likely take a large offe to take Shevchenko away from Stamford Bridge. Despite not fufilling his potential in the Premier League, Chelsea will want to refund the majority of the £30 million they paid for him.

[Source: Sky Sports, Gazzetto dello Sport]

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Josh Scott


SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

1
Leave a Reply

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
1 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
1 Comment authors
ahmed Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
ahmed
Guest
ahmed

kaka is good, i really want him in chelsea and messi, if possible diego

Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top