Inter chief executive Giuseppe Marotta has ruled out a move for Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso but says Radja Nainggolan is likely to leave ahead of Monday’s transfer deadline.
The Italian club have already spent big this window and had been tipped to move for Alonso, who is out of favour at Chelsea after falling out with boss Frank Lampard last week.
Inter have also been busy in terms of outgoing activity since the end of last season by moving on a number of fringe players, with Nainggolan expected to be next out of the door.
Former Belgium international Nainggolan spent last season on loan with Cagliari and they are in talks with Inter over a deal worth a reported €12million.
Providing an update on Inter’s plans heading into the final day of the transfer window, Marotta told DAZN: “I can say that [Alonso] is not on our agenda and so he will not arrive.
— Inter (@Inter_en) October 2, 2020
“We cannot keep a player [Nainggolan] who wants to leave. This will be evaluated with all members of the club.”
Inter took maximum points from their first two matches and Marotta feels they are a better side than they were 12 months ago.
“In this market we have strengthened,” he said shortly before Inter’s clash with Lazio on Sunday. “We have spent a year that has led to this and we feel stronger.”
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!