Monday, September 23, 2019

Lyon reveal Man City bid for Benzema

Lyon president Jean Michel Aulas has revealed that Manchester City failed with a bid to sign star striker Karim Benzema in the January transfer window, according to Sky Sports.

The Frenchmen has been tight-lipped over his future in recent times after being the object of intense media speculation for the past few seasons, with top European clubs like Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona all said to be interested.

Lyon president Jean Michel Aulas told press: “We had first contact from an English club, a newcomer among the great traders of the transfer market. The offer was huge. Barcelona, Madrid and Manchester United are also attracted. But he is a Lyon player so far.”

“Some opportunities don’t happen twice, There are potential buyers for ‘products’ to be sold. Parting with a player is a strategic decision that has to be made at the right time.”

However, Benzema refuses to be drawn into the rumours, saying:“My departure is not topical. I am at a great club and we will see what happens after the two matches with Barcelona.”

“People are asking questions, but I don’t wont to get mad even if I make a decision to leave in June.”

Source: Sky Sports

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Josh Scott


SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top