Portugal winger Ricardo Quaresma is on the verge of becomming new Inter boss Jose Mourinho's second summer signing, according to the Gazetta dello Sport on Monday.
Following the arrival of Brazilian winger Alessandro Mancini from AS Roma earlier this month for around 13 million euros, Inter are set to meet FC Porto manager Jorge Mendes to discuss the transfer of Quaresma.
Gazzetta reported that Mendes would be in Milan on Monday in an attempt to set a price for the player, with the two sides still some way apart in their valuation of the former Barcelona man.
Porto allegedly want 40 million euros with Inter reluctant to pay more than half that sum.
Mourinho admitted to Portuguese television station TVI on Sunday that he was hoping to sign the attacking midfielder.
“It would be interesting to have him. But he plays for Porto and I'm the coach of Inter,” said Mourinho.
“I think the player would like to come here but I don't know if my managers have made an offer to Porto.”
While Quaresma looks to be heading to the San Siro, Gazzetta insisted that the transfer would not impede the possible arrival of Chelsea's England midfielder Frank Lampard.
However, Mourinho told TVI that he may have to wait a year to get his man.
“I think it will be easier to sign Lampard in 2009 when his contract has run out and hence I don't want to create problems with Chelsea,” he said.
Lampard's contract still has a year to run and although he is rumoured to have rejected a new deal at Stamford Brdige, Chelsea seem reluctant to sell.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!