Friday, August 14, 2020

Rennes won’t accept €80m for Camavinga

Rennes would not accept an €80 million bid for Eduardo Camavinga, according to sporting director Florian Maurice.

The 17-year-old defensive midfielder has caught the eye with his extremely mature performances in Ligue 1 this season, and he has been heavily linked with Real Madrid. The 13-time European champions apparently see him as a good candidate to act as backup, and possibly a long-term successor, to Casemiro.

However, Maurice spoke to RMC Sport about the youngster, and as relayed by AS, he revealed that Rennes have no intention to let him leave this summer at all. They are keen for him to continue his development at the club and they have a big role for him to play next season. What’s more, club president Nicolas Holveck said last week that they had received no offers for Camavinga yet.

Commenting on rumours that Real were about to bid €80m for the player, Maurice said that even in that case, the Ligue 1 club’s answer would still be no.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Veselin Trajkovic


Vesko is a football writer that likes to observe the game for what it is, focusing on teams, players and their roles, formations, tactics, rather than stats. He follows the English Premier League closely, Liverpool FC in particular. His articles have been published on four different football blogs.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
  Subscribe  
Notify of
More More
Top