Monday, June 21, 2021

Roma director Bruno Conti: “Aquilani is staying”

Josh Scott in Serie A, Transfer News & Rumours 2 Jun 2008

60 Views

Roma director Bruno Conti has dismissed reports of a possible move away from Roma for young midfielder Alberto Aquilani and has revealed that the youngster will sign a new contract at the Stadio Olimpico according to Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport.

Aquilani’s future had been in doubt for some time at Roma, with various top European clubs such as Arsenal, Real Madrid and Juventus all being strongly linked with a move for the midfielder. Arsenal have said to been on the trail of Aquilani for over a year and Arsene Wenger may see the midfielder as an ideal replacement for Mathieu Flamini.

However, Roma director Bruno Conti moved to calm speculation surrounding the youngster by telling Corriere dello Sport: “There will be no problems with him (Aquilani), we have already met with the player.”

Aquilani, 23, states Roma as his favourite club, and previously told Corriere dello Sport “I am part of Roma and other sides do not matter. Talk of a move makes no sense.”

[Source: Corriere dello Sport]

 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Josh Scott


SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top