Lionel Messi’s future is a popular topic.
Messi wanted to leave Barcelona at the start of the season but opted to remain at Camp Nou.
With his contract expiring at the end of 2020-21, the Barca superstar is continuing to make headlines.
TOP STORY – MESSI WAITING ON BARCA
Barcelona have yet to make a move to re-sign superstar captain Lionel Messi, according to the front page of Wednesday’s Marca.
Messi is out of contract at the end of the season and his future is far from certain, having been tipped to join either Paris Saint-Germain or Manchester City.
Led by new president Joan Laporta, Barca are determined to retain the six-time Ballon d’Or winner.
— MARCA (@marca) April 6, 2021
– Mundo Deportivo reports Ousmane Dembele wants to continue with Barca, but speculation is mounting that Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar could return to Camp Nou. Neymar – who left Barca for PSG in a world-record €222million deal in 2017 – has been negotiating a new contract in the French capital. Dembele has previously been linked with Manchester United.
– Manchester City are eyeing a new striker but they are unwilling to spend “crazy” money, claims Fabrizio Romano. With Sergio Aguero – linked with Chelsea, Inter, PSG and Barcelona – leaving on a free transfer, Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland has emerged as City’s prime target, while Tottenham star Harry Kane is another option.
– Goal says Milan captain Alessio Romagnoli and Juventus’ Federico Bernardeschi could swap clubs. Both players have struggled this season and they could reportedly be involved in an exchange deal. Romagnoli has attracted interest from Barca and Chelsea.
– Eurosport reports United and Liverpool could go head-to-head in a battle to sign RB Leipzig defender Ibrahima Konate. The 21-year-old has been heavily linked with Liverpool, but United are also interested. Sevilla’s Jules Kounde, Madrid captain Sergio Ramos and team-mate Raphael Varane, Villarreal’s Pau Torres and Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly are also reportedly being monitored at Old Trafford.
– Romano claims there are “huge chances” for Hector Bellerin to leave Arsenal. The Spaniard was previously linked with PSG and Barca.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!