With Manchester City’s Premier League title defence in tatters and a mounting injury list in defence, Pep Guardiola’s side need reinforcements.
Aymeric Laporte and John Stones have been struck down by injuries this season, leaving City with limited options in defence.
As Liverpool run away with the title, City are eyeing an Inter star to rebuild their central defence.
TOP STORY – CITY TARGETING SKRINIAR
Manchester City have set their sights on Inter centre-back Milan Skriniar, according to The Mirror.
Premier League champions City have struggled with injuries in defence this season as rivals Liverpool charge towards the title.
City are reportedly ready to buy in January and Skriniar – also a target for LaLiga champions Barcelona and Real Madrid – is on the list.
— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) January 6, 2020
– The Athletic says MLS outfit DC United want to sign Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric after Wayne Rooney’s exit.
– Juventus are “still hopeful” of signing Paris Saint-Germain loanee Mauro Icardi, reports Calciomercato. Icardi left Inter for PSG at the start of the season, having been linked to Juve and Napoli.
– Sky Sports claims Manchester United are interested in Leicester City star James Maddison, but are aware a January transfer will be difficult. Sky Sports also says the Red Devils are chasing Lille’s Boubakary Soumare, along with Arsenal, Chelsea, Madrid and Valencia.
– Mario Gotze will leave Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season, according to Bild. Gotze’s contract is set to expire and he has been unable to agree a new deal.
– TZ says Bayern Munich are interested in Manchester City full-back Joao Cancelo, with the Bundesliga champions distancing themselves from RB Leipzig’s Lukas Klostermann.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!