Will Manchester City finally land Kalidou Koulibaly?
Pep Guardiola’s City want defensive reinforcements and Napoli centre-back Koulibaly is reportedly at the top of the list.
If they are unsuccessful, Sevilla’s Jules Kounde is next on the list.
TOP STORY – CITY NOT GIVING UP KOULIBALY
Manchester City are still in talks with Napoli to sign star defender Kalidou Koulibaly, according to journalist Fabrizio Romano.
City have been tipped to sign Koulibaly, who has also been linked to Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain.
However, City are yet to reach an agreement with Napoli and Sevilla’s Jules Kounde is the “backup option” but a bid has already been turned down.
Man City > Koulibaly deal is not collapsed yet. Talks still on with Napoli but no agreement. Koundé is the ‘backup option’ but Sevilla have turned down the opening bid [around €55/60m].
Barcelona are convinced they’re going to sign Eric Garcia after #MCFC will buy a new CB.
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) September 20, 2020
– Romano says Wolves will complete the signing of Barcelona full-back Nelson Semedo on Monday. It comes as Barca eye Ajax defender Sergino Dest or Real Betis’ Emerson to replace Semedo. Norwich City’s Max Aarons has also been linked.
– Milan have made Fiorentina’s Nikola Milenkovic their number one defensive target ahead of Celtic centre-back Kristoffer Ajer, reports the Daily Record.
– Calciomercato claims Juventus are eyeing Real Madrid full-back Marcelo. The Brazilian has been repeatedly linked with a Cristiano Ronaldo reunion in Turin.
– The Telegraph says PSG are interested in Tottenham’s Dele Alli. Out of favour under Jose Mourinho, Spurs are reportedly targeting Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard as a replacement.
– Roma remain interested in Napoli’s Arkadiusz Milik but Madrid outcast Luka Jovic has emerged as ‘Plan B’, according to Calciomercato.
– Leeds United are out of the race to sign Dinamo Zagreb sensation Josko Gvardiol, reports Romano. Wanted by Marcelo Bielsa, the Croatian teenager is now set for Bundesliga outfit RB Leipzig.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!