The transfer saga that is Jadon Sancho-Manchester United continues to roll on.
Sancho has long been tipped to join United, though Borussia Dortmund are adamant the England star will not return to his homeland this off-season.
United, however, are reportedly not giving up.
TOP STORY – UNITED HELD UP BY PERSONAL TERMS
Manchester United remain keen on signing Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho but personal terms and an agent fee are holding up their pursuit, according to ESPN.
Dortmund have insisted Sancho will not be sold, though United continue to target the former Manchester City youngster in a blockbuster transfer.
United have reportedly been given the green light to speak to Sancho and his representative but there has been an impasse with the player’s camp over salary demands.
Man Utd still want Sancho, but personal terms and agent fee yet to be resolved —https://t.co/mtV2EbNEi3
— Mark Ogden (@MarkOgden_) August 19, 2020
– Journalist Fabrizio Romano says Chelsea and Bayer Leverkusen are still negotiating a deal for star Kai Havertz. While Chelsea are confident, there remains a difference between the two clubs as Leverkusen hope to conclude a deal by the end of the month.
– Jack Grealish to United? The Aston Villa captain continues to be linked with a move to Old Trafford and ESPN reports United goalkeeper Sergio Romero could be included in a deal to sign Grealish. Romero is United’s number two behind David de Gea and the Argentina international’s future is unclear, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reportedly keen for Dean Henderson to challenge for the number one spot.
– According to Cadena Ser’s El Larguero, Luis Suarez is aiming to stay at Barcelona. Linked with a return to former club Ajax, Suarez is reportedly one of a number of players who could be forced out following Ronald Koeman’s arrival. However, Suarez, Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique, Sergio Busquets and Sergi Roberto all want to speak to Quique Setien’s replacement.
– Amid doubts over Pique‘s long-term future with Barca, Libero claims newly promoted Premier League side Fulham have made an offer for the Spain international star.
– United remain interested in signing Barca teenager Ansu Fati, reports Marca. The 17-year-old reportedly switched agents to Jorge Mendes, having previously been represented by Messi’s brother.
— MARCA (@marca) August 19, 2020
– The Telegraph says Chelsea are considering a move for Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva. The 35-year-old will become a free agent following the Champions League final and he has already been linked with former club Milan and fellow Serie A side Fiorentina.
– Juventus are negotiating with United for Federico Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa, claims La Gazzetta dello Sport. The report also says the Serie A champions are speaking to City regarding Alex Sandro, while new boss Andrea Pirlo is eyeing Roma striker Edin Dzeko and Sassuolo midfielder Manuel Locatelli.
– Tuttosport’s frontpage on Thursday suggests a merry-go-round of strikers. Inter have reportedly told Real Madrid that Romelu Lukaku is not for sale, Juve are in talks with Wolves to sign Raul Jimenez and Inter are challenging the Bianconeri for Dzeko. Meanwhile, Napoli’s Arkadiusz Milik is heading towards Roma.
– The countdown is on for Madrid to sell outcasts Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez, according to Marca.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!