After a cardiac episode at Euro 2020, there were questions about whether Christian Eriksen would ever be able to play football again, let alone at the highest level.
But less than a year after being released from his contract at Inter, the Denmark international is a hot commodity once again.
Since signing with Brentford on a six-month deal, Eriksen has displayed the quality that saw him net 69 goals over six and a half seasons for Tottenham, and now Premier League teams are circling.
TOP STORY – NEWCASTLE WANT ERIKSEN AS FLAGSHIP SIGNING
Tottenham have been linked with Eriksen in a potential reunion in the upcoming transfer window, but they are reportedly going to have to contend with Newcastle United, who wish to make him a “flagship” signing, per the Northern Echo.
Being out of contract, Eriksen will have his pick of potential suitors, yet Newcastle will likely have deep enough pockets to contend with anyone serious about adding the midfielder.
Since his return from the bench against Newcastle, Brentford have won all four Premier League matches in which Eriksen has played 90 minutes, including a 4-1 away win at Chelsea, where he scored.
– Football Insider is reporting Mohamed Salah is close to signing an extension with Liverpool that will pay him £400,000 per week.
– West Ham have entered the race for Bayer Leverkusen winger Moussa Diaby, per Calciomercato.
– 90min is reporting Edinson Cavani may be Manchester United‘s “secret weapon” in their quest to sign fellow Uruguay striker Darwin Nunez from Benfica in the upcoming transfer window.
– Cardiff City and Tottenham are joint-favourites to land the services of Wales international Gareth Bale when his contract with Real Madrid expires in June, per Wales Online.
– According to the Chronicle, both Arsenal and Newcastle are heavily linked with Lyon midfielder Lucas Paqueta, who is expected to fetch a price of around £58million.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!