Manchester United’s managerial post is vacant after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked on Sunday.
Solskjaer had led United since December 2018 but failed to win a trophy, finishing runners-up in last season’s Premier League and Europa League.
The lean spell has United desperate to return to their former glories with their next managerial appointment.
TOP STORY – ZIDANE NOT KEEN ON MAN UTD JOB
World Cup winner and ex-Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane is not interested in the vacant Manchester United job, reports BBC Sport.
Zidane left Madrid in May after failing to win LaLiga and has been linked with a host of roles since.
United have approached the 49-year-old about their vacant post but he is not interested in the position at this point.
— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) November 22, 2021
– Fichajes claims that reported United target Mauricio Pochettino would put Tottenham‘s Harry Kane at the top of his wishlist if he got the Red Devils job. The current Paris Saint-Germain boss is among those linked with the vacant post. The Telegraph claims that Pochettino is open to moving to Old Trafford at the end of this season.
– Ajax boss Erik ten Hag is United‘s second choice behind Pochettino reports Sky Sports, while The Sun claims the Red Devils have already approached Leicester City’s Brendan Rodgers.
– Sport claims that new Barcelona boss Xavi wants to sign Al-Sadd’s Algeria international striker Baghdad Bounedjah. Xavi coached Al-Sadd until taking over at Barca earlier this month.
– Tottenham may make a move for Roma midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo who is unhappy at the club, claims Calciomercato.
– Fichajes reports that Real Madrid have an interest in Mason Mount, who is currently in talks with Chelsea on a new deal. Manchester City and Bayern Munich are also interested in Mount’s services.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!