Manchester City’s midweek win at Arsenal turned the title picture on its head in the Premier League, but there is plenty of time left for it all to change again.
The same is true of the European chase and the relegation battle, with this weekend providing intriguing fixtures at both ends of the table.
Can Newcastle United check Liverpool’s momentum after a much-needed Merseyside derby win? Will Everton respond to that defeat when they face Leeds United?
Ahead of those matches and more, Stats Perform has five quiz questions relating to the teams in action over the coming days.
1. Unai Emery will face Arsenal in the Premier League for the first time on Saturday. This will be the Gunners’ 10th Premier League match against one of their former managers, with the previous nine all against the same man. Who was it?
Unai Emery’s @AVFCOfficial are FLYING! #AVLMUN pic.twitter.com/HsfrzmXmOZ
— Premier League (@premierleague) November 6, 2022
2. Alexander Isak scored on his Newcastle debut away at Liverpool, but who was the last Magpies player to net home and away against the Reds in the same season?
Isak is BACK! pic.twitter.com/73ElXs2t5T
— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) January 15, 2023
3. If Everton can beat Leeds, Sean Dyche will have defeated all 31 teams he has faced in the Premier League. Five managers have previously come up against 30 or more teams in the competition and beaten them all – Arsene Wenger (46), Alex Ferguson (44), Jose Mourinho (38), Brendan Rodgers (36) and who?
258 #PL matches
2x @BarclaysFooty Manager of the Month
Welcome back, Sean Dyche!
— Premier League (@premierleague) January 30, 2023
4. Should Manchester United score in a 28th consecutive Premier League game against Leicester City, they would match Manchester City’s record for netting in consecutive matches against a single opponent. Who have City scored in 28 straight games against?
@PaulPogba powered home his first #MUFC goal as we beat Leicester 4-1 in 2016! #MUNLEI pic.twitter.com/0nFZJAiPYi
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) September 13, 2019
5. Which player has scored both the most opening goals (seven) and the most winning goals (eight) in the Premier League this season?
1. George Graham (1996-2000)
2. Alan Shearer (1999-2000)
3. Gordon Strachan (32)
4. Newcastle United
5. Harry Kane
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.
You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.