Saturday, October 21, 2017

No offers for Papadopoulos, says Heldt

SoccerNews in English Premier League 31 Jul 2013

1 Views

Schalke general manager Horst Heldt has denied that defender Kyriakos Papadopoulos is set to join Liverpool.

There had been speculation that the Greece international had reached an agreement to end his three-year spell with Schalke and move to the Premier League club.

However, Heldt insisted that no offer has been made for the 21-year-old – who is recovering from a knee injury that has kept him out of action since November – and stated that the centre-back is in the Bundesliga side’s plans for next season.

“There is nothing to these rumours,” Heldt told Reviersport.

“There is no offer for Papadopoulos. Not from Liverpool or from any other club.

“On the contrary, we are pleased that ‘Papa’ is making progress with his knee injury and he will hopefully be with us again soon. We’re planning for him.”

Still, Heldt did admit that Schalke may be persuaded to part company with the former Olympiacos man should the right offer come along.

“If we receive an offer for him, we will come together and talk about that as we do with every player for us,” he added.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top